1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

complaint

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1150xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how I go about filing a complaint. I purchased my HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1150xt on 06/24/20. It was supposed ship on 07/22/20. The day after it was supposed to ship I got a call from someone at HP. THey said they needed my permission to remove some software that wasnt supposed to be on the pc. I asked it if wasnt supposed to be there why do they need my permission. I also asked why it was late shipping. He blamed Covid-19. And told me if I didnt like it I could just cancel the order. I contacted HP by chat the next day and was told that a part was on backorder and they were going to replace it. That it was the graphics card. I wanted to know if it was an upgrade or a downgrade. Because no one mentioned this. They couldnt tell me. I asked for a supervisor to contact me by phone. I had to repeat this same scenario 3 times over the next week before someone actually called me. They said it was just software and that my pc was shipping that weekend. I got it on 08/03/20.

I set it up and with the first hour the screen locked and had all kinds of lines, red and green all over it. I had to manually turn it off, then reboot it. I researched the problem. I uninstalled the graphics driver then rebooted letting it do a fresh install. The same thing kept happening with the screen lock. I even went so far as to do a factory reset. Still couldnt get it to work right.

I contacted HP by chat as that was the only option due to the late hour. The first rep got disconnected. I had to start over. The second rep asked one question, whether i had uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. I said I did. He then immediately went sending me a box to send it off for repairs. I was kinda taken aback as that was the extent of the technical support. I called the next day. Because I didnt want this repaired. I wanted a new one. This machine didnt work from day one. I went thru teck support, they said ok, cold transferred me to sales who cold transferred me to supervisor, who put me on hold then the line was disconnected. No on called me back. So I had to start again. Tech support, cold transfer, sales. With each transfer I have to retell the whole story. The second sales rep said they would have to send it up to get permission for me to return it(3-5 business days) then send me a box to send it back and if its defective they would send me another or issue a refund. I asked for a supervisor as that process is ridiculous. The rep quickly informed me the supervisor would tell me the same thing. I insisted on the supervisor. The supervisor was little help til I told her I didnt need permission to send this back. It hadnt been 30 days. It was just over 24 hours. And that at this point I wanted my **bleep** money back not a replacement. She finally sent me info to return it. This entire experience has been a nightmare. I want to know how to contact someone to share this customer service nightmare with them. Preferably someone at the corporate office. I have all the order and case numbers. I still need a new desktop. But I cant justify buying an HP product after this. Please someone help me.

I apologize for the length of this. I just thought it best to get it all out.

TLDR:Nightmare buying experience. defective product. poor customer service. need to file a complaint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,557
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ktaylor2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,557
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ktaylor2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation