Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop gaming HP OMEN computer all of a sudden starts to make a loud noise and freezes then closes the game or does a computer restart. I have been playing this combat simulator online for ten years with 3 different computers but this New HP with a 1080 NVIDIA card is the the worst yet. All my efforts at updating divers have done nothing to improve things. I would like to know how do I replace or fix this computer!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you using the 451.48 Game Ready Drivers from NVidia? Myself and another user have had 'Power-Down' issues using these drivers, whereby the system just goes off instantly without any warning. I think I've managed 2 minutes at most before it power-cycles.

I have found that the previous drivers (v442.92) are more stable and the system works fine on these. I have raised the matter with nVidia. You can download the 'old' drivers directly from their support site and do a Clean install for best results. It may work, it may not but it costs nowt to try 😉    Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Thank you Bryan_D. I will try that and see if that helps. It seems that when you get a new computer you have to spend a lot of time doing windows and video card driver updates to get caught up and up to date. Perplexing if you do it yourself. My buddy with the exact same computer and game had the Tec guy they recommend to set up his computer do it for an additional fee and does not have this problem so I guess it might be worth it!

I will post and let know if that works.  TY

HP Recommended

Thanks Bryan_D.

I downloaded and installed the updated driver for Nvidia and have had a restart happen only once now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.