Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
P beats special edition 23-n012 All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect my Vizio TV using HDMI cable to my HP beats special edition 23-n012 All-in-One Desktop PC, and on the display settings the TV never shows, and I have been using the different HDMI ports in my TV, and selecting the proper TV input in my TV... any idea?

When I connect my HP laptop to the same TV it works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@goroab

Thank you for the information.

The HDMI port on your computer is an HDMI IN port and you will not be able to connect an external display.

Refer to the below image.

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@goroab

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues connecting the TV to the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Do you have more than one HDMI port on your computer? If yes, then make sure that you are connecting the TV to the HDMI OUT port on the computer.

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossette,

Thanks for replying to my post, please find the responses below...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gerardo
----------------------------------------------------------------
What is the product number of your computer?

HP beats special edition 23-n012 All-in-One Desktop PC

Envy TS 23 AiO PC

Model: 23-N012

Do you have more than one HDMI port on your computer? If yes, then make sure that you are connecting the TV to the HDMI OUT port on the computer.

Only one HDMI port

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

I was not able to find BIOS or graphics driver updates for the computer... could you help me check in your side?

HP Recommended

@goroab

Thank you for the information.

The HDMI port on your computer is an HDMI IN port and you will not be able to connect an external display.

Refer to the below image.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your great support!!!

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossette,

Thanks for checking this, I assumed that it was a bidirectional port, as it's not specified on the label. I understand now.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gerardo

HP Recommended

@goroab

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.