03-18-2017 05:18 PM - edited 03-18-2017 05:19 PM
i have a newer model hp laptop that had a dvd drive that wanted me to update for $47.00. i am not going to do that. up till now all my laptops always played movies flawlessly. i deleted the program and am hoping i can find a dvd player that won't charge for updates
03-18-2017 06:39 PM
Please try the following free program. It will paly nearly all video formats
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
03-19-2017 06:56 AM - edited 03-19-2017 06:57 AM
Hi, @egbok888 :
I use this version of the HP Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 on my HP PC's.
Works fine and doesn't quit working, and ask for me to pay.
220.127.116.1113 Rev.A (31 Mar 2016)
This package provides the Cyberlink PowerDVD application in supported models that are running a supported operating system.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)