Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  What number did you call I keep getting the run around.

HP Recommended

The uninstll instructions given above worked like a charm. I had received the same pop-up and installed but got concerned and Googled the app name. Glad I did.

HP Recommended

Still popping up on startup. I didn't install, but will check and see if the app is there anyway as per advice given. will let everybody klnow. Thanks to all!

HP Recommended

Can you tell me exactly what the name is of the two things that need to be uninstalled?

HP Recommended

Got lots of good advice from many of you. Finally contacted HP help and they quickly fixed the problem. It was an MS Windows 10 update. Suman from HP installed it and disabled the corresponding hp display control.. The way this popup was presented was evidently confusing for a lot of us, not just me. Suman the HP tech said just to be sure whether these things are good or not, check with assistance before downloading. Hats off for all the help! I'll continue stumbling on til the next panic!

HP Recommended

After reading everyone's comment I followed recommendations and deleted the Hp Display Control app. Thanks for all of your assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.