Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-b010z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have searched through many forums and tried many solution to no success

my touchscreen has always worked flawlessly but after recent updates it has disappeared.  there are no touch screen settings.  it does not appear in the device manager in hid compliant devices.  there is no longer any touchscreen option in the f2 startup diagnostic screen.  i have checked for windows updates and all are current.  the hp support assistant updated everything even bios and no success except if installing the touchscreen firmware it fails and says its not ilitek.   i got nowhere with hp or microsoft support.  i cant find a way to force the install of the touchscreen firmware since it doesnt recognize it now that windows messed it up.  i see many people with the same issue but no actual solution.  is there a way to force install the firmware etc??  what am i missing or is it now just toast??

ps i have done a complete back to factory restore and no success hp said the doing a restore doesnt change any firmware installs or upgrades...  PLEASE help.  hp was USELESS!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@gary1854

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Use the troubleshooting steps in this section:

Step 1: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager

Your touch screen might not respond because it is not enabled or needs to be reinstalled. Use Device Manager to enable and reinstall the touch screen driver.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices list.

3. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Enable, if possible. If the Enable option does not display, continue to the next step.

Enable HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

4. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue with these steps.

5. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Uninstall.

Uninstall HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

6. Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.

7. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/11046865...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Already did  all that.  And also hid compliant touch screen no longer appears in device manager.  And it is no longer available to troubleshoot in startup or bios as previously stated.  And YES obviously it has a touch screen.  Seriously???

HP Recommended

I have also tried everything to no avail. I think if HP cannot solve the problem and fix it, they should send us new computers, warranties or not. This isn't something we did. so what are we going to do?

HP Recommended

The problem is our computers do not have the touchscreen option in device manager. IT's not there anymore.

HP Recommended

Bingo!   Not sure it’s hps fault or Microsoft’s fault but it’s definitely firmware as the firmware doesn’t even recognize there’s touchscreen hardware. 

HP Recommended

Lol.  I wish!

HP Recommended

Well, I paid $1000 for my computer so I want it fixed or a new computer.

HP Recommended

@ScotDean

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Will this be a different team than the ones who insisted I purchase an annual tech support package to fix what I didn’t break and that is faulty on either your or Microsoft’s part??  NOT something I did or that I installed etc.  and that isn’t broken and was perfectly fine before you and Microsoft installed automatic updates that you all insist we customers do???!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.