Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Once again, I say, HP gives us new touchscreen computers. After all, that's what we paid for.

HP Recommended

same here - purchased the hp smart friend for 15 a month for a year and they did nothing to help!! I have the same issues!

HP Recommended

Update

HP finally contacted me and gave me a one time free friend technical support. Unfortunately that is about as far as the resolution went. I contacted them and went through a bit of recap on troubleshooting and what they wanted me to do was wipe my computer with a fresh install of windows rolling back all the drivers etc. again for about the third time with them that doesn’t count how many times I did that with Microsoft. It seems that between both HP and Microsoft that’s about all they can do is check for install drivers try reinstalling drivers and wipe your computer. Unfortunately I did happen to talk to one ticket Microsoft they did explain to me that doing this is useless because it does not roll back any firmware updates that those can only be rewritten if there is an updated program or someway to force rewrite the firmware and even then it might not work as a firmware had actually corrected something because that information is stored not on standard hard drive memory but somewhere else on one of these kernels or boards?  Don’t know.  Above my technical knowledge.  Anyways after wiping my computer yet again I give up it seems they cannot resolve this issue they have no clue why or what’s going on but clearly after googling and being here in the forms I’m not the only one with this issue I do agree with others that since it’s not anything we specifically did to our computers they should always new computers I mean really they force us to install these updates and I was literally sitting right here with mine and can verify that it was functioning before the updates I said it to do the updates and after updating touchscreen gone Anyways after wiping my computer yet again I give up it seems they cannot resolve this issue they have no clue why or what’s going on but clearly after googling and being here in the forms I’m not the only one with this issue I do agree with others that since it’s not anything we specifically did to our computers they should OS new computers I mean really they force us to install these updates and I was literally sitting right here with mine and can verify that it was functioning before the updates I said it to do the updates and after updating touchscreen gone This is my business computer I can’t keep uninstalling and reinstalling thousands of dollars of software that I have to use every day and I can’t keep the voting days on the phone with technical support to this obviously I’m not getting a new computer I’m going to ride this out without my touchscreen as long as I can and then when I’m done I’m switching to an iMac. Not that hp or Microsoft cares.   

HP Recommended

I also lost my bluetooth in the process of the updates. Like you, I can confirm all was working perfectly until the update. This is insane. I paid $1000 for this thinking it was one of the best. It is unbelievable they cannot assist us. Good luck with this, I hope you can make it work for your job. I also work on this computer and will ride it out until I can get an iMac. Tired of this mess. 

HP Recommended

The best part is they messaged me after the last post I did and offered “discounted repair”.  Really?!  I declined and explained that paying for anything at all for theirs and Microsoft’s updates that they practically force us to install breaking my computer is absurd. 

HP Recommended

I just read through all of your posts. I have a different, older HP all in one touchscreen and I have exactly the same problem. It says Touch, but when I look for it in Device manager, it's gone. I can't reinstall. And my device model, in the settings, has been rewritten to say that I never had touchscreen in the first place!

My computer is a HP Pavillion All in One 22-a150qe Touch.

I don't have the money to purchase a new one.

I think you are right that they should have to replace these computers or fix the firmware issue.

HP Recommended

@DragonMama
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried Microsoft system restore? 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg .
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03488148 to know more about Screen does not respond to touch or responds intermittently.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow.  It’s hp support “all over again” starting from square one.  Maybe I wasn’t clear in my first post so I’ll be a little more specific this time I have done everything from drivers to reboot restores factory reset completely wiping and reinstalling fresh install of windows absolutely everything I have done this with the HP support team three times now as well as Microsoft tech-support three times now I have now literally logged over 30 hours with tech-support from Hewlett Packard and Microsoft and no resolution the only resolution I was offered as of the last service was a discount to send my computer in to be repaired excuse me?! Not happening I’m not paying for something you guys broke as I have clearly stated time and time again in this form and other forms as well as over the phone I was literally sitting in front of my computer ran HP and Microsoft updates and when it rebooted my touchscreen was gone what happened is clear it corrupted the firmware on the kernel not hard drive so anytime you try to reinstall drivers etc. it no longer actually sees that my computer even has or ever had a touch screen there are no drivers available for the systems only firmware that is bundled with drivers and it will not force and install because it doesn’t seem an actual touchscreen I’m not sure how many times I need to tell you guys this it’s ridiculous it was working perfectly fine the updates installed whether it was yours or Microsoft no one is excepting responsibility in my system as well as other peoples systems are now dysfunctional this is not like it’s a laptop and we dropped it or anything like that this is a stationary computer there is no hardware failure but the hardware is now toast because the firmware was corrupted because your guises updates either failed or installed in proper code and made everything toast it is unacceptable it should honestly be a lawsuit but you know what it’s not worth my time I’m going to an iMac I should send you guys a bill for all the hours that I have logged for my hourly rate at my shop for what I would charge customers. For those were wondering I have been specifically told by escalated text Microsoft that were much more willing to help then Hewlett-Packard ever was the problem with her it was Microsoft and or Hewlett Packard and cannot be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling any fresh system even if you have a disk straight from Hewlett-Packard to reinstall everything like it came from the factory the reason being is because none of it actually re-install the firmware the firmware once it’s been rewritten can only be rewritten with a new version a new version would have to be specially written but it would also have to be recognized as being installable by the kernel in the computer is no longer meets those conditions because the kernel is now basically toast is corrupted it doesn’t recognize that there is a touchscreen or that it ever even have that capability For those who are wondering I have been specifically told by escalated text Microsoft that were much more willing to help then she’ll let Packard ever what is the problem whether it was Microsoft and or Hewlett-Packard’s and cannot be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling any fresh system even if you have a desk straight from Hewlett-Packard to reinstall everything like it came from the factory the reason being is because none of it actually reinstalls the firmware the firmware once it’s been rewritten can only be rewritten with a new version a new version would have to be specially written but it would also have to be recognized as being installable by the kernel in the computer it no longer meets those conditions because the kernel is now basically toast it’s corrupted it doesn’t recognize that there is a touchscreen or that it ever even have that capabilitySo reinstalling windows and drivers etc. doesn’t and will not work it is stored in a separate memory and does not get rewritten by windows or anything except a firmware rewrite that now cannot happen

HP Recommended

If the TS is NOT being detected in diags (i.e TS options not there) then it's a HARDWARE issue, not a driver / windows issue.

It is possible to disable the TS in BIOS by disabling INTERNAL USB PORTS (under the security tab) from memory.

See if that has happened as part of a BIOS update or something.

Otherwise it could just be coincidental that it's died after Windows updates. In that case it'll be 50/50 between the screen itself and the TS connector on the mainboard.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for the response, I did manage to update the BIOS. I had to follow the steps twice to get there. However, it has restored the touch screen. But now, when I put my computer to sleep, the screen won't come back on. So, I can't do that anymore. 

This happened once a long time ago, and Microsoft technician rolled back the BIOS to the original. I've been able to use everything, including the touchscreen, until the latest Microsoft update. 

I guess I can't have both.  Any ideas what I should try? I can't duplicate the issue unless I put it to sleep, and then the only thing that wakes it up is to hold the on/off button to shut it down, and then restart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.