Level 2
6 5 0 7
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

hp 27-n010 touch screen bad Touchscreen GHOST TOUCHING

HP Recommended
hp 27-n010 touch screen

Hi,

I work in a Computer repair shop we do extensive repairs  ie... surface mount componet lever repairs among other repairs

over the pas 4 months. I have seen alot of touchscrren failures on this Model of AiO pc 27-No10 B&O edition in fact I have (9) nine of them right now all with toucscreen failure. NOT SOFTWARE PROBLEMS  not update ,not calibration, not driver problems I repeat TOUCH SCREEN FAILUE.  We have  run  the Diagnostic test >>  report Hardware Failure contact Hp.

These units all have artificial inputs on the touchscreen (ghost touching) I believe this is an ongoing problem with these units. High failure  rate of the touchscreen  on this model and ofcouurse either the Touschscreen unit is either not availabe ofr it is priced so exorbitantly high that it makes the pc not worth repairing. Plese  I don't  want a polite responce aka>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

I just want to post this here to let other people know that this is an ongoing problem with these units . Hight failure rate of the touchscreen and no amount of updates or software fixes is going to remedy the problem on replacing the touchscreen assembly will fix it.  if you have one of these units good luck i wish you all the best

13 REPLIES 13
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Slick_M,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Slick_M
Author
Level 2
6 5 0 7
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just an update.....

HP said that this was not a problem amoung these units and there was not much they could do for me besides being very polite and cordial. And it was just a pure coincedence that I had this many units in my shop with the  EXACT SAME PROBLEM! . And since my original post I have recieved two  more of this model with bad touchscreens. 

What a coincedence  that I now have fifteen yes (15) of these units in my repair shop all with the very exact same problem the touchscreen/digitizer is creating false touches  to the pc (ghost touching) boy what a coincedence don't ya think!

harpist78
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought the most beefed up version of the HP Envy All-In-One 27" so that I could easily navigate musical scores and for a while it worked just fine.  The secretary in our main office ended up buying the same model off the Best Buy shelf, whereas I purchased mine directory from HP.  Within 5 months, her screen acted as if someone else was controlling it ... phantom or ghost dots jumping all over the screen, opening numerous windows and making her computer completely useless.  JUST today mine started doing the same thing ... I would have NEVER bought an HP if I would have known this was going to happen especially rendering the touch screen function completely useless which in turn was the main attraction to purchasing the useless piece of junk.  When you 'disable' the touchscreen through the control panel, you can use it like a normal computer until it's time to reboot, and then you're lucky if you can EVER get your computer turned back on again, because it enables this driver again and you cannot keep the mouse in the password place to log into your computer.

I feel that a class action suit may be required ... if enough other people are having the same issue (and I find it extremely funny that I have two computers with the same issue), then off we go.  Car companies have to admit when there's a fault with their product, so should computer companies.

Slick_M
Author
Level 2
6 5 0 7
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Harpist78

I don't know if you read my original post but I work in a computer repair facility we are a repair depot for and I have 15 of these units all with bad touchscreens and of course Hp says they do not have a problem with them is just a peculiar coincidence that i have this many with bad touch screen. They are very polite and sorry for my troubles but that is as far as it goes they can not help me with my  customers computers. and these are not software problems it is a touchscreen failure. We would Love to join in a class action lawsuit. if you need to use the Pc take the back of remove the cover off the motherboard and unplug the the touchscreen you will see the port its labeled  touch that will disable it until it is plugged back in if you need a pic of the location I can send you one.

Slick_M
Author
Level 2
6 5 0 7
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Just and update I have 3 more Hp 27 n110 or n010 that have bad touchscreens (ghost touching )!  But its not a bad run or bad batch of touchscreens on these models according to Hp. You should see the expessions on these poor peoples faces and hear what they have to say when you tell them about their computer and what kind of dilema they are it.

Its just horrible Hp should come to the plate and support these loayal customers. But according to them there is nothing they can do for them.  Sad isn't it.

Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Slick_M,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Slick_M
Author
Level 2
6 5 0 7
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Peeps,

I just got another hp 27-n110 in the shop ghost touching  and I sadly had to tell the customer there were not any amount of resets or driver or windows updates that would fix their unit.  Hp does not even acknowledge there is a problem with this models touchscreen digitizers. So the best that you can do is open machine up and unplug the digitizer  to be able to use the computer.  If you just disable it in device manager if you can navigate there with out the ghost tocuhing hindering  you it will be fine till next reboot and the problem will be back. and ofcourse there is nothing Hp can do. 

Thanks again HP

jvannoy
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue.  If this is as prevalent as a problem, why is HP not recalling these machines.  I also am a casual user on my HP Envy AIO, but this machine is about 1.5 years old, and should not be failing, especially wiht minimal use and basically NO touch screen use. Please let me know what replacement options that I have because I really do like HP and I like this computer.  Thank you

celipra
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Slick_M - Can you please email me a picture of the location of the touchscreen cable inside the computer or post one here?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation