Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 27 inch 4k
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am experiencing black screen flickering issue when playing games at 4k or playing 4k videos. this starts afrer 10 to 15 mins after playing. also happening with my ps4 pro. any solutions? tried testing with different hdmi cables  still the problem persists

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@sourav11 Does the issue occur on an alternate display? If not, this is most likely an issue with the envy monitor and I suggest you start with updating the monitor drivers from the HP website: click here to download

Also, install the HP Connection optimizer and HP My Display using this link: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

also happens with my playstation 4 too. after playing for around 15 mins or watching 4k videos the problem starts. only happens at 4k reaolutions

HP Recommended

tried everythig with different hdmi cables display port the problem starts after 15 to 20 mins while watching 4k videos . 

HP Recommended

tried installing drivers and all nothing helps. also happening with playstation 4 too , please suggest what should i do

HP Recommended

@sourav11 If the issue occurs on more than one device, and you've done all the suggested steps, this could be a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options,

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

actually i am from india and recently this monitor for which i am having problem with is a replacement unit which had been replaced on 1st August 2019 against warranty replacement. But this current unit for which i am having problem with the serial number of the unit when i am searching in hp website its showing warranty expired. then i found out that they have replaced me with a warranty expired item. the serial number is  [edited] AND PRODUCT NUMBER IS Y6K73AA/Z6W67AA. I had originally purchased the item on 2018 January and as per my invoice i see that the monitor has 3 years warranty. please help me out what to do now. 

HP Recommended

@sourav11 to dispute warranty status, I suggest you click here and go through the page, at the bottom you would have an option to click on "dispute this", the same should help you get the warranty issue sorted,

Once that's taken care of, please try using the same steps to obtain the phone number and then, talk to HP to get the display issue sorted.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", And click on the purple thumbs up, that said, have a Good Day & Good Luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.