Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp laptop 14-dq1043cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP laptop 14-dq1043cl does not recognize sceptre monitor e275w-1920.  I can connect the monitor to my mac mini and the monitor works just fine.  On the laptop with another monitor on a "y" cord the sceptre monitor works but as soon as I disconnect the other monitor, the sceptre monitor quits also.  On the laptop under device manager/display/add additional monitors - the sceptre monitor's model numbers is displayed but nothing else (ex: resolution).  This is a brand new laptop - HP laptop 14-dq1043cl.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dana911 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the monitor to the laptop.

Please let us know how the monitor is connected to the computer.

Have you tried to connect different connection ports?

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

a mobile Desktop be fun to see that.😋

Can I presume port used is "1 HDMI 1.4b" as the PC spec states and no adapters just cable. grade 1.4)

ok monitor is good.

but did you  know that laptops have hot key , magic key HP that (Fn+F4) on mine that enables the external monitor

Page 11 here at HP.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06403460

like this.

external post,

off

on

auto

both. inside outside.

folks even use it to run huge projectors,  I have, vast times.

also in BIOS make sure this external port is not disabled (my  PC has no option this but is line item on topic)

the laptop LCD does 1920 x 1080)

but does your Spectre.

the monitor sent wrong resolution will error out as OUT OF RANGE

so the PCs video part is dead.

in fact if you turn the monitor on LAST, the monitor OSD well show, ERROR no connections or show no signal

and some funky monitors are set too OSD auto (so dont use that go there now and set it to HDMI fixed)

OSD is the monitors brain, on screen display via its own menu button.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.