Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp touchsmart 520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

side usb ports not working divice manager says all works but nothing picks up but back usb ports all work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @idwer16,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that some USB ports are not working on your system. I am happy to help with this. As a start., please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Did the side ports work previously?

Are the side USB ports version 2.0 or 3.0 on your model?

Have you tried to update the drivers on your computer? If not the HP Support Assistant could help with this. On most models the USB component is part of the board chip set drivers.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

Another document that could help may be HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 7).

Please let me know whether any of that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @idwer16,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that some USB ports are not working on your system. I am happy to help with this. As a start., please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Did the side ports work previously?

Are the side USB ports version 2.0 or 3.0 on your model?

Have you tried to update the drivers on your computer? If not the HP Support Assistant could help with this. On most models the USB component is part of the board chip set drivers.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

Another document that could help may be HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 7).

Please let me know whether any of that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hp 520 1010uk running Windows 7
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.