Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 24mh monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why sound stopped after no pc activity

How to allow monitr sound to play even if no pc activity... can not listen to concert broadcast leavinfg pc unattendede

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@njbuckeye, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that No sound on speakers (monitors).

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix :-

I have a few steps that should help, 

If the built-in speakers on the monitor do not produce sound, perform each step that follows, testing for sound after each step, until you can hear the sound: 

1. Close the software program you are using that is missing the sound. Test for audio using another software program. 

If the sounds are normal when using other software programs, the issue is with the software on the computer, and not the speakers in the monitor. If the sound is missing from other software, continue using this procedure. 

1. Check the cable connection. If the monitor-to-computer connection is a VGA cable (usually blue on both ends), an additional audio cable is needed between the monitor and the computer. Check that the audio cable is connected properly. 

2. Try to adjust the volume higher using the monitor front-panel volume button. 

3. Using the buttons on the monitor, navigate through the onscreen display (OSD) menu to find audio or speaker settings and enable the speakers. 

4. Adjust the volume higher in Windows from the computer. Click the volume icon on the taskbar (lower right corner of the screen next to the time), and raise the volume to about 75%. 

For more step Click hear

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.