Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24fw Monitor [serial number removed]
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

Hi

New HP 24fw Monitor, SVGA ( and HDMI ) cables. 

mac G4 Quicksilver ( not 2002 ), OS 10.3.4 ( would like to run OS 9 ultimately )

Nvidia Geforce MK2 MX, VGA output

Black screen on startup showing:

input signal out of range

current mode:

H=106.6 kHz  V= 85 Hz

change mode to:

1920x1080  60Hz

sleep in 30 s

It was displaying a desktop before, honest !

Tried:  resetting display to factory, diconnecting power, waitng 5 s,  booting in safe mode. 

The monitor is functional with a newer Windows 10 machine using HDMI ( looks amazing ) but exibits similar problems with a Windows 7 machine  ( VGA output ) the difference being there is something of a desktop, albeit distorted, then the same instructions and then a count down ( details for a different post )

My concern is primarily with the Mac

Any help woul be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@czoppy_1 Welcome to HP Forums community,

The message is normal when the desktop or the device the monitor is connected to, is turned off or is using a resolution either not supported or too high for the monitor to display, hence I suggest you check if the monitor works with a lower resolution, and also, update the graphics card, BIOS and chipset drivers of your desktop to resolve the issue.

Click here for more steps and if the monitor works fine on one machine while it doesn't work on another, this isn't a monitor issue, its the computer.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.