Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: PavHP Pavilion TP01-0029na Desktop Core™ i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I recently purchased an HP Pavilion TP01-0029na Desktop Core™ i7 following a phone conversation with HP regarding a new set up, I already owned two HP 22fw monitors and I informed the HP consultant that I wished to connect both monitors by HDMI, I was recommended an HP Pavilion USB-C™ to HDMI 2.0 Adapter, unfortunately, having connected everything I am not able to use my second monitor and receive an error message saying USB device not recognised, the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it. Recommendation

Try reconnecting the device if windows still does not recognise it your device may not be working properly.

I am also receiving a Microsoft support message stating Display connection might be limited.

How might I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Firescout

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

As per the Specification the monitor supports a resolution of 1920 x 1080 60 GHz

Please check the resolution, change it to 1920 x 1080 60 GHz and let me know if that works.

Hope this helps!  
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.