Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP27f
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I connect my macbook pro to HP27f monitor (via hdmi port with. USB-c adaptor) but screen works for few seconds and then goes black automatically (and re-starts only by moving mouse). 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

welcome to sleep mode

turn it off in the OS.

moving the mouse does the UNSLEEP.

all by law now, Federal Energy star and all that , zero carbon stuff.

ive no idea on MAC, i boycott apple, for decades.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

it is not a screen issue at all (monitors)

all monitors even back to year 2000 do that, by law. (and in many ways, today the edid chip does that magic) if curious.

in the old days, VGA the video lines or sync lines go dead the monitor goes to sleep fast.

today it is a VESA EDID CHIP Feature, the PC sends the sleep command to the monitor via those set of chips on both ends.

and is complex, sleep levels and hibernate and more  even deeper on newer monitor by law. (EPA)

go to a MAC OS forum and ask how to do MAC, SLEEP OFF.

HP Recommended

no adpator told , , maker model or  URL to it.

if the adaptor is not VESA EDid certified it will fail.'

if failed the monitor self sleeps by law,

but Im sure mac is setup wrong, do that first. fix the MAC OS, then worry if need to.

the monitor you have works on  good 2nd PC,  I BET. set up correctly.

what adapter.  ? none stated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.