Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning when I turned on my desktop, my monitor showed a VERY FAINT outline of my start screen and the outline of the picture was a red chrystal type glair. I turned the monitor on and off but nothing happened. I turned off the desktop and the same thing when I turned it back on. I then unplugged the HDMI and plugged it back in and the image came back. Have tried turning the desktop off and back on a couple of times since and all OK. Is my monitor going CRAP or might I be having PC problems? I had a similar problem a couple of days ago but hasn't bothered again until this morning. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tooldtoremember, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you checked with an alternate monitor? If no, please try.

Also, check in BIOS mode- tap on F10 repeatedly during a restart and it should enter BIOS mode, just use the touchscreen and check if it works in the bios mode.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I believe it is due to my HDMI switch as it did it again the morning except this morning the PC booted up but the screen was black. I disconnected my monitor and plugged it directly into the PC and all was OK. Will monitor this for a few days to see what happens. Am thinking I am going to need a new HDMI switch.

HP Recommended

@tooldtoremember

Thanks for replying!

Get back to us with the results.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.