Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

some internet tech was here upgrading the brainstorm system and when he left, there was no more touchscreen ability.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@houseofusher

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

All those fixes don't help.  Please see my post - in an update on 3/12, mine Device HID\VID_222A&PID_010E&MI_00\7&26BA119C&0&0000 was deleted!  I have also posted in the community.  I've trouble shot my driver, which is up to date.  None of the fixes work.  Whatever updated (I had an intel driver update and Windows updates that night).  I tried restore, but nothing is working...:)

HP Recommended

@Carol12

I would request you to perform a System Recovery back to Factory Settings

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c03489643

If the issue persists after the Recovery please contact HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I personally think HP and/or intel should come up with the fix.  Me restoring back to factory due to a driver update isn't really fair to me.  I paid for touchscreen.  Rolling back to factory is tons of going backward and who knows if it will even work? No offense, but updates need to be tested before rolling out.  Although I like my touchscreen, I'm not rolling my computer back to factory.  I also don't think HP should charge for something we didn't do.  I know what was deleted and it was the HID/VID component in my computer.  Thanks anyway.  Just another example of consumer problems no one wants to fix.

HP Recommended

@Carol12

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I apparently can't delete the HID info now.  Sorry, just figured it was a harddrive component, not propietary info.

HP Recommended

@Carol12

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.