Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 24FW is supposed to have audio but I can't get any sound from it. I connected it with an HDMI to USB adaptor to my Surface Pro 4 which does not have an HDMI socket. Does someone know what I need to do? Also there are 2 small inputs on the back which are not in the user guide. Can someone say what they are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien

Solved! On the monitor's menu, I found an option I had not seen before:

Management / Audio Control / Select PC Analog Audio

This works using a mini-jack to mini-jack cable between the monitor and my Surface Pro 4 headphone socket.

I am sure this menu option had been greyed out before, even when I had the mini-jack cable connected.

Thank you for trying to help. It's appreciated.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@peterb13 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05943907

I can't find anything called speakers on it specs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for looking. I cannot find an HP manual for this specific model. There is a cheaper model which does mention audio in the name, but the one I bought clearly does:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/hp-24fw-with-audio-full-hd-24-ips-lc...

The ad says 'built-in speakers' but I have found a way of getting sound out of it. Maybe the two small inputs on the back have something to do with that, but I would have thought it would work via the USB/HDMI connection to my laptop.

Thaks again for trying to help.

HP Recommended

I have now found the user manual for this model:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06220135

It confirms there are built-in speakers on this model, and shows the 2 inputs, one is audio in, the other audio out. I connected a cable from the headphone socket on my laptop to the audio in on the monitor but still no sound. I checked all the volume controls I could find but none were muted, so I still have the issue.

HP Recommended

@peterb13 

Have you tried to connect DIRECT HDMI-HDMI, nor using USB ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the message. I have a Surface Pro 4 with no HDMI socket, so I purchased an HDMI to USB adaptor. I get video perfectly but no audio through that cable/adaptor. Then I connected the monitor with a mini jack to mini jack according to the manual, but still no luck woth audio. Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien

Solved! On the monitor's menu, I found an option I had not seen before:

Management / Audio Control / Select PC Analog Audio

This works using a mini-jack to mini-jack cable between the monitor and my Surface Pro 4 headphone socket.

I am sure this menu option had been greyed out before, even when I had the mini-jack cable connected.

Thank you for trying to help. It's appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.