Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1135ef Phoenix Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

HP Pavilion HPE h9-1135ef Phoenix Desktop PC
Serial number: [edit]

Here is a summary of the problem:

My graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7950) doesn't work correctly anymore, there are persistent artifacts on display, the pc turns on but windows can only launch in safe mode.
I bought a new Nvidia GT 710 graphics card but Windows does not launch with it and the bios does not react to the keyboard.
A computer technician has completely reset Windows but it still doesn't work.
This same technician therefore advised me to update my Bios to be able to make compatible my pc with this card.
Problem: on your site, you do not offer bios compatible with Windows 10.
I still try to create a bootable key from the latest bios compatible with Windows 8 available on the HP site but when I launch the utility, it does not offer me the option of creating a key.

So I am looking for either a version of bios allowing me to install my new GT 710 card or a list of graphics cards compatible with my pc and still sold today.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

First, what BIOS version is installed?

Second, did you try to run the BIOS you found by downloading and then running the executable from the downloaded file?

I do not understand what you mean with "it does not offer me the option of creating a key."  What is this key that is mentioned?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for helping me ! Finally, I found a solution to restart correctly windows (without safe mode) and I just installed a new bios. My new graphic cards works now !

HP Recommended

Great!  Glad it is working now

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.