Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2009V Monitor

This is a HP 2009V Monitor 20" Wide LCD TFT Monitor

So I recently put out a question that I'm getting a "CHECK VIDEO CABLE" message on the PS4 when I hooked up the monitor to my PS4 via a VGA-HDMI cable. I was told to get a converter, so I got a converter, I got this one exactly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Input-HDMI-to-Output-VGA-Cable-Converter-Adapter-for-apple-TV-Monitor-Xbox...

So I plugged everything in, and now when I turn on the PS4 and the monitor, I get a message saying:

Input Signal Out Of Range

Change Settings to 1600x900 60Hz 

I don't understand what that means I'm so confused, I'm not really a tech guy and I just don't know what to do, I'll try to click the Menu & Auto button on the screen but nothing happens (no they're not broken) but nothing happens. Oh and when I checked on Google what to do, I saw some replies saying you need to do something on the computer with it, but I don't have the computer for the monitor, I think I threw it out, I've had this monitor for quite a long time now, I didnt throw it out because I knew I would need it one day and clearly I do, for this little PS4 desk.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BJK2202

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you have either CHECK VIDEO CABLE or "INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE" on your monitor while using a PS4,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the monitor work fine on a desktop or any alternate product? Or do you get similar errors?

Have you attempted to connect an alternate adapter instead of the one being used?

Did you change the default resolution of your PS4 to the lowest available to match the specifications of your monitor?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

• 1600 x 900 factory-set resolution on your HP 2009v monitor,

That said, This behavior with the "Signal Out of Range" can occur if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the new monitor. The video adapter setting for updating the screen (the refresh rate) is incompatible with the monitor.

To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate or change the video adapter settings.
To change the refresh rate:

1. Restart the computer, and while it is restarting, press F8 until the Startup menu appears. Press 3, and then press ENTER to start the computer in Safe mode.
  2. Right-click the desktop, click Properties, and then click Settings.
  3. Click Advanced, click Adapter, and then click Adapter Default from the Refresh Rate list.
  4. Click OK, click OK again, and then click Yes to restart the computer in Normal mode.

You can set the colors and screen area to your preferences under Display Properties.

For more steps: Click here to troubleshoot.

If the monitor works fine on an alternate device, please Contact Sony for assistance with the PS4.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well as I said, I threw away the computer a couple years ago now, but I remember it always worked fine, I've had many computers before, this is the first time I've ever had this kind of problem.

No, I haven't as I only have one.

Yeah, I made it the lowest resolution on the PS4, I was watching some video and it told me to do that.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, recommend you do a factory reset on the monitor and check. 

If the issue persists, recommend you contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi. I'm having similar issue on my desktop. I couldn't access my desktop. After restarting it, it displays "Input Signal Out of Range Change Settings to 1280x1024 - 60Hz". Tried the solution mentioned here but it doesn't go to Safe Mode. When turn off the monitor itself and turned it back on, there's a disolay of Monitor Status which says VGA: Active, Current Settings: H:71.9kHz V:60Hz Recommended Setting 1280x1024 - 60Hz. Is there any other ways to resolve this? 😞 Appreciate your help please.
HP Recommended

Entering safe mode by pressing f8 might not work in some pcs. I suggest spamming shift+f8 when the windows logo pops up. That might put you into startup options 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.