Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP laptop

when i am watching a zoom video it goes blank if keys are being used i have to get up and hit the enter button and it comes back on..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@karkar128, Welcome to the HP Support Community! 

I understand the laptop screen goes randomly black while watching a video or on zoom

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different battery or adapter?

Is your laptop getting overheated?

Does the issue persist when you are on the BIOS page?

Do you see a black screen with a blinking cursor on your PC?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

I appreciate your efforts in trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Try updating the BIOS and graphics drivers on your PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Try the steps recommended below.

1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + PauseBreak to open the System window.

2. Select Advanced system settings from the left column and the System Properties will pop up.

3. Choose the Advanced tab and click on the button Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

4. Disable Automatically restart under System Failure, and then click OK.

1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Power Options. You can also access to this by right click on the battery icon in the taskbar if you are using a laptop.

2. Click on the Change plan settings beside the current plan the PC is using.

3. Click on the Change advanced power settings.

4. Navigate to and expand the Processor power management.

5. Expand the Minimum processor state and set the values lower than 100%. And then click OK.

6. Modify the Put the computer to sleep setting when using power or battery. Set the time value between 1 minute and 5 hours.

7. Save the changes and reboot.

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are working fine.

Refer to this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.