Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t620 Flexible Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I bought the t620 Flexible Thin Client (2015) on eBay a couple of days ago, mainly to watch Netflix on the big TV in our family room. I had been using an Android TV Box, but as Netflix and Android had a "parting" the netflix app regularly plays up.

SO... I bought the HP ($85) thinking it could double as a media player!

However after updating all of the HP website updates (including a graphics update) for this model, it still is very jerky when streaming from Netflix. The normal screen on my PC is magnificent, even You Tube plays OK, but....

I have googled and YouTubed, but as a newby to t620's I'm hoping someone can give suggestions to help sort it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Blindpete, welcome to the forum.

The Thin Clients are simply not meant to use for streaming video.  The t620 comes with either a AMD GX-217GA Dual-Core APU with AMD Radeon HD 8280E graphics (1.65 GHz) or a AMD GX-415GA Quad-Core APU with AMD Radeon HD 8330E (1.5 GHz) processor.  Neither of these is powerful enough to stream video effectively.  Also, it only comes with minimal graphics capability.  The 4 GB, upgradeable to 16 GB, of memory would be good if the other components were as capable.  The Thin Clients work great in an office setting, however.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Blindpete, welcome to the forum.

The Thin Clients are simply not meant to use for streaming video.  The t620 comes with either a AMD GX-217GA Dual-Core APU with AMD Radeon HD 8280E graphics (1.65 GHz) or a AMD GX-415GA Quad-Core APU with AMD Radeon HD 8330E (1.5 GHz) processor.  Neither of these is powerful enough to stream video effectively.  Also, it only comes with minimal graphics capability.  The 4 GB, upgradeable to 16 GB, of memory would be good if the other components were as capable.  The Thin Clients work great in an office setting, however.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.