Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w1858
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought a second hp w1858 monitor and im trying to set it up to work with my pc. i have one of them with a straight dvi-dvi connection (works perfectly) and the other with a vga-hdmi connection. however, the vga monitor wont display the correct resolution and has a lower one as its native resolution. on top of that, trying to go any higher to the correct resolution (1366x768 60Hz) results in an Out of Range message; but i can still see the screen, so that's not right at all. it's not the monitor because it works perfectly with DVI and can support higher resolutions so i dont actually know what it is. im THINKING that it's the VGA cable itself, since switching the DVI and VGA cables yields the same problem. hoping i dont have to go and get a separate DVI cable lol. ive googled everywhere please help thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

okay so im going to post what i did to fix this so if anyone else comes across the same problem i had they can find it. literally i just got another dvi cable, a dvi-hdmi converter, and Another hdmi cable and plugged that in. pretty? no. effective? yes. literally it was the vga cable, even though the adapter said it would take up to 1920x1080???? whatever. it was blurry anyways. this is what i get for using older monitors, i suppose, but i dont have the money for the fancy ones and i wanted them to match lol. to anyone else in the same predicament; godspeed o7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.