Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b209na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In product specification was said " 10 point touch enabled widescreen". Display does not react on touch.  How to repair?

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Larysa, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b209na PC does support touch feature. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

I have done everything what you recommended. No improve, unfortunately. 

Any other advice? 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Larysa

That's unfortunate. Let us try these steps:

Power reset the PC

Refer to this document to know how.

Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

For more info, refer to step 5 mentioned in this document.

Share the results post the test.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

Before I will do it I want to show you what I have faund.

Setting

Characteristics of the device.

Pen and touch input.
Pen input and touch input are not available for this monitor.

May be it is an answer on my question?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Larysa

As per the product specifications, this monitor does have a 10-point touch-enabled screen. Have you tried checking the touch functionality in BIOS?

Turn off the computer, press the power button to power ON, and then repeatedly press the Esc key until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As per the suggestions from KUMAR, run  the F2 diagnostics, select component tests and touch screen.

If 'touch screen' IS an option to select, then that means the PC is seeing the TS ok, but Windows is not. It's probably disabled in Device Manager.

If the TS is NOT an option in diags, then that means the system is NOT detecting the TS. This would mean it's either disabled in BIOS (internal USB ports option) or the TS is faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.