Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
24-b 019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

did anyone ever find the driver for touchscreen after it disappeared? not ILITEK  it doesn't work on my touchscreen.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Joanpearl 

If this is your computer,

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b019 (Touch)

then the ILITEK drivers are the only ones offered.

In that category, however, there are different versions for different devices depending on particluar device in the Device Manager 

Screen Size 27"

Touch screen Firmware for AIO Pavilion 27

Information sheet (at this writing):

sp79278.cva

[Devices]
HID\VID_222A&PID_010F="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0113="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0128="HID-compliant touch screen"

Screen Size 23.8" (24")

Touchscreen Firmware for Pavilion 24

Information sheet (at this writing): sp79279.cva

[Devices]
HID\VID_222A&PID_010E="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0112="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0127="HID-compliant touch screen"

There are "previous" (older versions) for each of the drivers in their respective website support section "Revision History".

For example, website support page

Touchscreen Firmware for Pavilion 24

Revision History (at this writing)

V5005 Rev.AFeb 17, 2017

Package:  sp79157.exe

Information sheet:  sp79157.cva

[Devices]
HID\VID_222A&PID_010E&REV_0000&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_010E&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0112&REV_0000&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0112&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0127&REV_0000&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&PID_0127&MI_00="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID\VID_222A&UP:000D_U:0004="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID_DEVICE_UP:000D_U:0004="HID-compliant touch screen"
HID_DEVICE="HID-compliant touch screen"

If this information is indeed not what you are seeking, my apologies.  Another Expert / Agent may be able to sort the issue for you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

none of these work.

HP Recommended

I am so disappointed I will not be purchasing hp products in the future. It is not coincidence that an update wiped out the touchscreen driver it has happened to many others. I have spent hours researching a solution to this problem. I paid good money for this computer I am not in a position to spend more for a fix that I didn't cause the problem to, Hp should be able to come up with a fix for all of us in the same position.  ILITEK isn't what I have so what touch screen do I have?  24-b 019 is my computer model.

HP Recommended

@Joanpearl 

I am sorry you are disappointed.

That I do not know the answer does not mean there is not a solution.

Another Expert may have more experience with your particular computer model.

and / or

HP may well have a fix. 

I have asked that someone take a look.

Should there be a response from HP, you will see something here before anyone tries to contact you using other methods.

Find your product here:

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

You may (of course) contact HP Technical Support in your region and ask for help.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I totally agree with you. The same thing happened to me with my HP all in one 24b224LA. Here they have everything a tangle with the drivers between HP and Microsoft, which has worsened after Windows began to release its versions "update". In the first place, it is a mockery that they give the following solutions when one makes a long explanation, "please, clean the screen, check the cable" ... and at the end they say "please, give as your question solved. Also, you can be looking at the support page in the "drivers" section, and you will see how almost every day they change the suggested drivers for the different types of HP models.

On the other hand, [edit]. Be careful, take note of the serial number of your PC and look for information about your computer. The store sold me a computer that is not for commercial use, but is one that HP uses to test, is a beta version that is exposed to many bugs.

HP Recommended

I also have a HP 24 inch touch screen which after a Windows 10 update - it failed to work.  When I check the HID in devices - the driver is no longer there.  Very disappointing as I have had an Acer for 10 years and the touch screen still works.  I could have bought a much cheaper desktop with out touchscreen so any suggestions as to how to get this ëxpensive"touch screen to work again would be appreciated.  Of c ourse it is out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Like you - I am totally ticked off.  This was not the cheapest product I could have purchased but thought I was buying quality - but the product no longer works as intended and no where to get appropriate help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.