Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion All-In-One PC (touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC stopped working and I took it to be repaired.  Windows 10 was corrupt so they installed a New Windows 10.  My touch screen was working before that installation and now it is not.  In Pen and Touch it says;  no pen and touch input is available for this display.  Obviously it had pen and touch but nothing having to do with touch display comes up under Human Interface Devices either.  I have tried to download updates but anything pertaining to touch screen it just says it is not available for this computer. What to do.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@penliz Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on the BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS, if the issue persists,  

You could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue.

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, this could be a hardware malfunction.

To confirm, please use the below steps to perform the test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

5. Touch Screen Test - Quick interactive test to determine if the touch screen is functioning correctly. (This test is currently not available in the Windows version of the hardware diagnostics.)

To run the test, click Touch Screen, and then click Run once.

6. If the test fail, please capture the 24 character failure ID and revert with the details. and if it passes, we may need to check if a windows program is conflicting with the touchscreen, try checking if it works in safe mode.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.