Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

touch screen on our HP Pavilion test Touch All in One PC P2N42AV stopped working

Product Name: Pavilion 23ST
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touch screen on our HP Pavilion 23ST Touch All in One PC P2N42AV

stopped working after about 6 months.

I reimaged and restored it back to original system. To make sure nothing was

changed by any updates that may have been done.

I cannot see any options in device manager for the touch screen.

Everything else is working just fine but no touch screen functionality.

doing F2 and trying component test. Touch screen isn't there.

It is like it disappeared.   This id used in a business and it was working 18:00

and the next morning nothing.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: touch screen on our HP Pavilion test Touch All in One PC P2N42AV stopped working

Hi there @BillFi

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand from your post that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q180st where touch screen has stopped working. I see that you have followed all the troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.

I suggest you confirm whether it’s a hardware or software failure.

You could try to boot to the bios screen by tapping F10 key while startup and check if the touch screen works, If it fails its a hardware failure.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation