Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (481 Views)

touchsmart tm2 and win 10

Product Name: TouchSmart tm2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My question: Is the TouchSmart tm2 compatible with WIN 10 and what must be accomplished to achieve a successful install?

First, a slignt rant.

I was successfuly running WIN 10 on my TouchSmart tm2 when I updated a video driver and afterwards could only get a blank screen. Yes, my bad!

I paid HP $99 for incident support and their only suggestion was to do a full system recovery & reinstall WIN 7 Pro. Really? You made me pay for that? 

Since I didn't have the OS disks (it was OEM) I had to pay HP $25 for the media and $15 FOR SECOND DAY DELIVERY ONLY TO HAVE THE MEDIA ARRIVE ON DAY 3.  I can't reach anyone at HP to refund the delivery failure. Now support is stating that my computer isn't compatible with WIN 10.

If I was successfully running WIN 10, why is it now un compatable?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

Re: touchsmart tm2 and win 10

I have just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (418 Views)

Thank you.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)

Hi!
After I install Windows 10 on my laptop, same as Your, i've got a blank black screen too, it happens because windows 10 think the both of video adapters run with different display at the same time but the display connected to laptop only one, and the first hello screen displayed on videoadapter, wich not connected at this moment to laptop display. Try these step:
1) Plug in an external VGA monitor
2) Close the display laptop
When You'll see the windows hello screen on the external monitor You can log in and adjust display settings.
Also You need open the device manager to disable one from videoadapters. They are can't working together. In future each time You need to switch on another adapter you must do it manually. If You get black blank screen again (during switching between adapters) You can try consequentially, till the 4th times press combination of key Win+P to change combination of display.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation