Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
h8 1032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!

Thank you for any help. I have a HP Hp8 1032 pc with stock Radeon HD6670 pci exp x16 1 gb ram. I am looking to upgrade to a better video card for gaming, want it to fit in with no hassle and looking to spend 125 or less. No real reason to upgrade other then I think the stock one is getting ready to die. Would like to put better then what it came in it. Any suggestions appreciated. There is a Large extra fan blowing straight at the card for thermal help. thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sgtmeatsauce1, welcome to the forum.

The problem that you will have is finding a video card that is compatible with the motherboard.  The newer cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  The last cards that didn't require UEFI are the GTX 660/670 series. 

Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  This will save you time, frustration and money.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sgtmeatsauce1, welcome to the forum.

The problem that you will have is finding a video card that is compatible with the motherboard.  The newer cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  The last cards that didn't require UEFI are the GTX 660/670 series. 

Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  This will save you time, frustration and money.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
Thank you for the reply, all that is new to me....I guess I been out of computers a little too long. I never even heard of UEFI! Thank you
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @sgtmeatsauce1.

Our goals on the Forums are to help members solve their problems and hopeful teach them how to solve their own problems.  I am glad that you learned something new.

old_geekster

HP Recommended

Hello

That is because I am very dissapointed spending money for HP products. 

I have now issue I posted here also. I have read many posts regarding this. I am just wondering why HP does not support normally its customers. I have very old PC years 2007 bought, motherboard is Intel DP35DP with PCI-E 16x and 1.0 only AND THIS OLD STUFF STILL WORKING WITH GEFORCE 750TI, this is unbelivable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.