Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp z27i
macOS 10.15 Catalina

hi. usb ports on my z27i display don't work. i connect the upstream usb-port (3.0, type b) to caldigit hub usb-port (3.0, type a), but no devices are coming up. though i do can charge my iphone through any of 4 ports (powered, but no data between mac and display). hdmi also works fine through this caldigit (usb-c soho dock). what i should do? how to turn them ON?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@vitbit 

You have to connect upstream USB cable from the host (your computer) to the monitor itself.

z27i.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks @banhien, but i did exactly as you've mentioned. only one thing — i can't connect upstream usb cable from my mac to monitor directly, because there are only 2 thunderbolt/usb-c ports on my macbook (m1). instead i put an usb-dock in between. i've tried several docks (xiaomi zjq01tm and caldigit soho) to kill the compatibility issue, but no luck.

HP Recommended

@vitbit 

I don't know how much power you can get from 1 USB port of your hub. An USB-C to USB-A adapter should work

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

manual of my dock station says it is usb-a 3.2 gen.2 port with 10gb/s data speed and 1.3A (6.5W) powered. is it suitable one?

HP Recommended

@vitbit 

Sorry, I thought something is NOT compatible here. Yesterday I bought a dock, which is an HP USB-C Dock G5 (5TW10AA) and  connect it to my HP Elitebook machine using  Thunderbolt™ 3 port on the host. I have not tested with 4K monitors (I would not spend more money just for testing, I used to borrow many things from work for testing but I'm a retiree now) but it works with my 3 FHD external monitors.

I know the dock and my machine are COMPATIBLE and everything works as designed including similar to  your connection (upstream from the dock to monitor) to my Dell monitor which has 2 USB ports. I have to wait to at the end of today to see can the dock can also charge my machine.

I have to put my case up to say COMPATIBLE is the key. Your hub may NOT be fully compatible with your Mac.

Regards.

Sorrt

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.