cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Levii5
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

well my keybaord or my keys wont work i tried everything and nothing still works

HP Recommended

I

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Levii5 I have a few steps that should help resolve this issue once and for all:

Let's begin with identifying the issue:

The conflict between the USB mouse driver or recently installed programs. You can go into the Safe Mode to fix the problem.

Boot into Safe Mode to solve the problem. mouse driver and a certain computer program can cause that you fail to use your mouse on the home screen of Windows 10.

Test another keyboard on this computer.

After you enter the Safe Mode, perform a Windows 10 clean boot to figure out the culprits that cause the "USB mouse not working on Windows 10 but only working in BIOS" problem. Once you find out the faulty application or software, uninstall it and restart the computer to see if the mouse functions again.

boot-safe-mode-solve-mouse-not-working-windows-10

Go to BIOS to Enable the USB Legacy Support

This feature allows users to use USB mouse during the system startup. You can enable it by

1. Turn on the computer and Enter the BIOS via pressing the functions key(s) once you see the PC brand logo screen.

2. Use the arrow keys and the Enter key to find out the USB Legacy Support feature. Enable the feature.

3. Press F10 to save the changes and then boot into Windows 10.

enable-legacy-usb-support-bios-windows-10.jpg

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation