Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2509m hp monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

software/driver.  i see there is a download available. (HP Connection Optimizer)  what is it for exactly? what is it for?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@nightblueeyez (I bet that looks amazing, wait, light blue or night blue...! 😉 )

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

I have one more question for you, where are you getting this download as an option?

Also, Are you referring to the HP Connection Manager: If yes, Click here for details.

if no, here's all you need to know about the connection optimizer: This package provides HP Connection Optimizer (HP Sure Connect) for supported computer models that are running a supported operating system. HP Sure Connect automatically recovers the driver of a communications device that has stopped functioning.

Let me know if you need any more assistance,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Apologies for chiming in but just could not resist: HP, can you please get your bots sorted please as the above garbled response with no understanding of a question that was asked is something unbelievable.

And yes, I am also very much interested interested in knowing what's that?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers 

HP Recommended

The download is on HP software/drivers list. 

The lack of explantion you gave is what is stated in "details".

NONE of it really explains what EXACTLY is it for? what does it do?

I like to understand what something is for before downloading. 

HP Recommended

@nightblueeyez

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I agree, let's keep this simple: HP Connection Manager also known as HP Sure Connect is a program that automatically recovers the driver of a communications device that has stopped functioning, although, if this "HP 2509m Monitor" is your product, you don't really need this, as the monitor is a plug and play device and doesn't require software as such.

That's as clear as one can be & if you have more questions,

Please write back to us and we'll be happy to help,

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, that's all great and since it's been updated I am experiencing this upon each reboot (was updating some drivers earlier today, hence the excessive number of system restarts):

Capture.PNG

Does not look great, doesn't it?

EDIT #1: I forgot to add that it may explain why my PC suddenly stopped auto-connecting to WiFi either (it does connect to Ethernet okay).

EDIT #2: Reinstallation did not help, will be getting back to the previous version, I think.

HP Recommended

I received this update in HP Support Assistant without explanation. Usually, an explanation is provided. I became suspicious of the name "Hp Connection Optimizer". I always do research on Updates (Windows & HP). There is no valid reason for sending this update to my computer. I like my WiFi and Ethernet connection. Both are working just fine. This software is known as HP Connection Manager. Take the advice ... it's OPTIONAL. Optional is the exclamation mark (easily overlooked) next to the download. It's close to expiration of my HP Support Assistant. This is a clever way of selling HP Support Assistant Extension. This software is not easily removed.

HP Recommended

I decided to roll back to 1.0.31.0 Rev.A - and everything now works as expected: no unexpected software crashes and Windows 10 WiFi auto-connect also (coincidentally?) works.

HP Recommended

Version 2.0.15.0 Rev A that replaced 2.0.13 behaves in exactly the same way.

Rolling back to 1.0.31.0 Rev.A again.

HP Recommended

My "HP Support Assistant" is supposed to look for updates, when I click the update button. When I do, it does NOT find a thing. I just saw that the BIOS in my machine is "F05". The website is up to "F11". I would say HP should pay us for using the "HP Support Assistant". You all have been good at finding the bugs. Why not get paid fotr it? They are already wasting payroll on the clowns that are supposed to be helping you. <macro macro macro> I have a macro keyboard as well. LMFAO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.