Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

5G Disappeared

HP Recommended
HP ENCY Phoenix 810-330
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I noticed that I am no longer able to connect to my 5G network. I was able to connect to 5G for the time Ive had my computer until I had to sent my computer into HP for repair, which was for  video issue and now for the past month I am not able to connect to 5G any longer. What was done to my computer and how can it be fixed to use 5G again?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,808 30,512 2,791 10,228
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KLang

@KLangwrote:

Hello. I noticed that I am no longer able to connect to my 5G network. I was able to connect to 5G for the time Ive had my computer until I had to sent my computer into HP for repair, which was for  video issue and now for the past month I am not able to connect to 5G any longer. What was done to my computer and how can it be fixed to use 5G again?

Thank You

Under no circumstance can we tell you the details of your system repair. 

Our community forum does not have any access at all to HP internal repair records.  This is how it should be -- we are a public forum; we are not HP Technical Support.

Your best option --

Contact HP Technical Support using the case number and the contact information you were provided when you opened the case.  Speak with an HP representative who can go over the repair form that should have been in the box with your computer when it was returned.  The repair form lists / explains what kind of what was completed at the repair facility.

Reference

I found one model of the "330" variety:

Product Number: J6N61AV

If this is your computer:

HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 810-330qe CTO

There is no direct / obvious evidence that the computer supports the "ac" 5GHz Wireless option.

Regardless -- when you contact HP:

Be prepared to provide HP the Network Adapter Hardware IDs of the device as shown in the Device Manager.

Device Manager > Open category Network adapters >

Right-Click on your Wireless device > Properties >

tab Details >

In section Property > Select Hardware Ids

Example

Device_Manager_Network_Adapter_Properties_Details_Hardware_IdsDevice_Manager_Network_Adapter_Properties_Details_Hardware_Ids  

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
KLang
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your response. Yes, that is my computer. I was using 5G for 1 1/2 with no problems its just recently since I had to send my computer in to be repaired that now I am not able to use 5G. My repair had nothing to do with network so I don't understand why now I cannot get 5G. What do I have to do to configure my computer or whatever I need to get 5G again?

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,808 30,512 2,791 10,228
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KLang

I agree with you a repair of the type you describe has naught to do with the Wireless capabilities in the computer.  I only mentioned it as a result of your initial comments.

The Wireless card must support 5GHz.

The network must be configured to host 5GHz.

Typically the wireless card type is indicated in the name of the device -- if not, the Properties can be examined to find the information used to determine which driver supports the device.

Example (as shown in the image of my previous post)

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8620

Properties >  Details >

Hardware Ids  >

Value results provides necessary information to help find (if available) a driver for the device.

What is the information provided in the Value box?

Example:

Device_Manager_Network_Adapter_Properties_Details_Hardware_Ids_2.JPG

And / Or

If the problem is not the driver, that is, you already have the correct hardware device installed in the computer and the driver for that 5GB Wireless device is installed, then check the network.

• Ensure the router is (still) broadcasting the 5GHz bandwidth.
  • Create / check to ensure you are connecting to a separately named SSID created on the router (and broadcasting) the 5GHz bandwidth.

Example - Dual Band router hosting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz

SSID_Dual_Band_Excample_1.JPG

And / Or

Create a manual connection to the network and connect to the 5GHz SSID network running on the router.

Control Panel > icon view > Network and Sharing Center >

Set up a new connection or network > Manually connect to a wireless network >

Enter the SSID name of your 5GHz network, Select the security type (likely WPA2-Personal),

Enter the key (password) to the 5GHz network

Optionally select to

• "Start this connection automatically..."
  • "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting...

Continue and complete the setup...

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation