Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get my HP KBRF57711 wireless keyboard to sync with the dongle.  I checked the HP support website and they say the mouse (686121-001)  and keyboard (KBRF57711) set do not exist.  How do you get support for products they say do not exist?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @97330-Jay, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have wireless keyboard issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different set of batteries?

Have you tried connecting the USB receiver to different USB ports on your PC?

As you mentioned the wireless keyboard is unable to sync to your PC anymore.

Try few steps recommended below.

Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Also, Re-synchronizing the keyboard and/or mouse causes the devices to reconnect to the receiver using new identification numbers.
   NOTE:
You must complete the following connection sequence within 60 seconds. If you do not complete the sequence in 60 seconds, start over.
Disconnect the wireless receiver from the USB slot.
   NOTE:
For some HP All-in-One and desktop PC products, the USB receiver is built into the computer. Check the service manual for USB wireless receiver removal process.
Wait 10 seconds and push the receiver back into place, making sure to push it in as far as it will go. If the receiver has an LED indicator, the activity light on the receiver comes on and then goes off within five seconds.
   NOTE:
If problems persist after resetting AND you have another wireless keyboard or mouse nearby, perform these steps again, holding down the keyboard or mouse sync button for ten seconds. Doing this might give the keyboard or mouse a new ID number in case the other keyboard or mouse was using the same number.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless keyboard issues with your PC.

Also, refer this document to know more information about syncing wireless keyboard and mouse to your PC.

Refer the user manual for more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Please contact HP support for service to options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is the KBRF57711 Compatible with Windows 10 x64?  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.