cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Livingh20
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

After upgrading to windows 10 my wireless card is not found in my device manager

HP Recommended
HPE 477c Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I upgraded to Windows 10 (64bit) my wireless card is not found on my device manager and does not show up in my network.  Cannot find drivers for the upgrade.  Should I replace the wireless card?

5 REPLIES 5
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Livingh20

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-477c Desktop PC. I read that after upgrading the operating system to Windows 10, the wireless card is not found in the device manager and does not show up in the network. 

I did some research and found that this could happen because of the absence of the drivers. Upon further research, I see that there are no drivers for Win10 available for this PC.

This PC has the Ralink RT-3290 802.11 wireless card. I came across a forums post where one of our reputed experts have provided the drivers for this wireless card and that should work with the Win10 operating system. Click on this link to download and install the drivers: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571 .exe

I also request you to check in the Device manager if you see a yellow exclamation mark or question mark next to any of the devices. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
petersvensson
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my desktop after upgrading, a HP Pavillion (p6-2105 eo might be the name).

I checked my computor and the wireless card in my computor is named:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller

Is it the same problem? Do anyone know what to do?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Livingh20
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried exactly as you described, but it did NOT fix my problem.  I have uninstalled the card and reinstalled but still nothing in the device manager nor does my wifi show up as a network option on my desktop.  Any other suggestions that you may have would be greatly appreciated.  Someone told me to just go buy another wifi adapter and be done with it...so that may be my last option.  Thank you so much for the research you did!!!  (I know it doesn't make a difference but this driver was for a notebook compture)

0 Kudos
Livingh20
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your Realtek PCIe GBE FAmily controller is your LAN connection, not your wireless adapter.

Hope this helps some

0 Kudos
Livingh20
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I installed the driver that you told me about....it must have done something that caused the wifi card to be recogonized because now my airplane mode is stuck on and I can NOT turn it off...That tells me that windows 10 is trying to stop wireless connections.  I do NOT have a switch in my network settings to turn off the airplane mode....so I am "stuck" in airplane mode with no solutions.  I have spent 5 hours searching forums to fix this but nothing that I have found works so far.  There are no "switches" for desktops to turn off airplane mode....and WHY would a desktop go into airplane mode to begin with???

Thank you for your input....

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation