Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how do I get rid of the airplane mode?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DoriMiller wrote:

This brand new computer is stuck in airplane mode. I have performed a factory reset and when the initial opening screens came back up it still can't recognize wireless connections. This is not a laptop so the keyboard trick doesn't work. Going into the settings doesn't help because Wireless connections I have vanished and the airplane mode link does not exist to select. I used this computer without any issue or difficulty on Tuesday evening and when I booted it back up on Wednesday evening, I had airplane mode.  Can anyone please help with a new solution other than the same things which have already been suggested?? At this point the sledgehammer is looking like my only hope.

HP Recommended

@LeDonna Welcome to HP Forums Community!

If not done already, here's something you can check to access the Airplane mode options

• Airplane mode gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communications on your PC. Some examples of wireless communications are Wi-Fi, cellular, Bluetooth, GPS, and Near Field Communication (NFC).

• To turn airplane mode on or off, select the Network icon on the taskbar, then select Airplane mode.

Airplane mode quick action button

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.