Level 3
59 36 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

All Ethernet Drivers Have Yellow Triangles

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2136
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Something is keeping me from being able to use the ethernet port on the back of this desktop.  The port is part of the motherboard and perhaps that one component has gone bad.  We had been successfully using a USB 2.0 to Ethernet Adapter - we just plugged the ethernet cable into the little device and plugged the other end into a USB port.

Last month the ability to connect went away.  The wired icon on the right of the taskbar got a big red X on it - hovering the mouse tells me that there is no internet connection and no connections are available.  I bought another USB to Ethernet adapter but it wouldn't install.  Then I bought a Netgear Wireless adapter.  It installs okay, but after it tells me to plug in the adapter, I get 5 minutes of 'Detecting Adapter' followed by 'The adapter is not found'.  The adapter itself works fine - I successfully installed / got it detected on another computer - it just won't detect it on the HP Pavilion.

I've uninstalled Norton and Zone Alarm to see if they were keeping me from installing the adapter.  Made no difference.

Currently devmgr shows 3 network adapters - all of them with yellow triangles - an 801n wireless adapter, a Realtek Family Wired adapter, and the A6100 Wireless adapter from Netgear.  

I've gone to the HP Drivers and Download page but, although they display the product, there seems to be no drivers available for Windows 7 64 bit.  Searching for other places to download network drivers only leads to a plethora of Driver Detectives, Driver Doctors, et al.

At this point I don't really care anything about the HOW of getting internet access, as long as I can get it with this tower. 

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,458 90,335 11,615 24,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@boweasel

Please download and install the following driver for Realtek Family Wired adapter:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55679.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
boweasel
Author
Level 3
59 36 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply banhien.  I downloaded the driver to a thumb drive and ran it as an administrator on the problem Hp Pavilion.  I got the msg in screen2.  Screen1 shows my Device Manager. devmgr.JPGfamily driver.JPG 

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Could you please give the HP model and OS please.

And if you could run this command...

getmac

and paste the results in please.

C:\>getmac

Physical Address    Transport Name
=================== ==========================================================
48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{AA-1111-4444-9BBF-1234567890}
B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected
48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation