Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp compaq 8200 elite mini tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there everyone.

I got a HP compaq 8200 Elite mini tower and just put a new(one of my own) hard drive in it.

It boots up and just after the windows 10 logo I get a blue screen with the error code 0xc00000e9

I put a Windows 10 Os on a USB drive and boot it up but the screen stays blank for 1-3 minutes then I get red lines.

I've tried deffirent hard drives but the same thing is happening.

Specs:

Processor: I5 2400 

Hdd: 250GB

RAM:2GB ddr3

PS: HP 240w

Please help me fix this problem because I can't even install a new OS... Yes it's that bad

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you have another computer, disconnect the current disk-drive, and connect your new disk-drive.

Disconnect any Ethernet cable from the computer. 

Start to install Windows onto the new disk-drive. When Windows shows "restarting in 30 seconds", power-off your computer. Move the disk-drive back to the other computer, disconnect any Ethernet cable from the computer, and start the computer. Windows should complete the installation.  Then, use "change product key" to enter the product-key. Reconnect the Ethernet cable, and then click to "activate" Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.