Cybdiver
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD rtwlane.sys

HP Slimline Desktop - 260-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using the latest driver and trying to connect to an access point that has AC 2.4 and 5 Ghz I get the BSOD with the following error;

Stop code: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed:rtwlane.sys

If I try to connect to another AP with just N 2.4ghz it works.

any ideas?

Thanks

It's not whats broken, it's how you make it work that matters
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 828 1,448
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD rtwlane.sys

@Cybdiver

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Slimline Desktop - 260-p026 PC. I read that the PC gets a BSOD error when tried to connect to ac 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. However, the PC works fine when connected to n 2.4 GHz network. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I did some research and found the wireless card specifications of this PC. The wireless card has the following specifications. Source: Product specifications.

• Transmission standards: 802.11 b/g/n (Does not support ac networks)

• Single band: 2.4 GHz (operating frequency)

Therefore this is the cause of the BSOD error. I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Cybdiver
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD rtwlane.sys

No that answer does not help at all.  Actually it makes no sense since I have other machines working wirelessly that have no trouble connecting to the Access point.   The AP is backwards compatable and the devices connect at what ever their standards are.

The BSOD error is a driver related error, so what you are saying is that the driver fails when the  RealTek wireless card tries to connect to an AP that supports the AC standard?  

Since I've read many reports of the RealTek card having the same driver BSOD failure with other HP machines,   I'm going to say your answer is full of holes and does not hold water.  Read through HP support boards and you'll see more of the same problem.

This leads me to believe it's either the card or the driver or both that are the problem.  Just do a search for rtwlane.sys and you'll have 100's of hits.

Not even a good guess to try and blame an AP.

It's not whats broken, it's how you make it work that matters
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 828 1,448
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD rtwlane.sys

@Cybdiver

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

WarningU2
Level 2
24 17 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD rtwlane.sys

I have the exact same issue connecting to 2.4.   I have reinstalled the drivers and ran scan and ms fix ... nothing works.  Had to disable Wi-Fi.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation