Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-130qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My bluetooth audio was working fine on windows 8 on my desktop. I upgraded it to window 10 a few weeks ago and my wireless headphone stop working. I am using LG HBS 750. The headphone work fine when I connect with my iphone.  How do i fix it? I can't downgrade to window 8 anymore because it has pass 10 days  (still less than 30 days since upgrade) The audio would connect sometimes but the connect is so bad that if I move an inch, the audio distort horribly or show no sound. In the past while using windows 8 , I can move around my room even different floors and still can hear the audio.  I am using HP envy phoenix 810-130qe that comes with  MS-7826 motherboard and chipset intel Z87. Please help. What can I do ?

Thanks, Van

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your PC have?

Bluetooth is a function of the wifi adapter.

Did you see if there is a W10 bluetooth driver for it?

HP Recommended

I have Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wifi Adapter and Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter.  All I know is I bought Rosewill 802.11N N600 PCI Express Wireless Adapter/Wi-Fi Adapter/Network Card (RNX-N600PCE_v2.0) and install it to make my wifi speed faster. Here is what show on device manager. Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNGireless Network Adapter. 

HP Recommended

I'm surprised the Ralink RT3290 wifi/bluetooth adapter is even showing up in the device manager.

Usually that adapter completely disappears from sight on the newer builds of W10.

There was only one W10 bluetooth driver that Ralink/Mediatek released for that model wifi adapter and it is 5 years old already.

So, install the W10 Ralink bluetooth driver and hopefully, it will work.  If not, you will need to buy a USB bluetooth adapter as well.

11.0.761.0     Jun 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

HP Recommended

When I try to install the program, it display " this action is only valid for products that are currently installed". How would I fix that? I am ordering usb bluetooth adapter in the meantime to see if it can give stable connection or crystal sound quality like when connecting thru my phone.  

HP Recommended

My bad.

The reason the bluetooth driver didn't install, is because it was already installed and shows up as the Mediatek Bluetooth Adaptor.

I was looking at the generic bluetooth radio that seems to have a problem.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to right click on that generic bluetooth radio device, select Uninstall, and restart the PC.

If that doesn't get the BT to work, then there is nothing you will be able to do to fix it, other than buying a USB bluetooth adapter, which you have already done.

You could, if your PC has two antenna wires connected to the internal Ralink wifi card, upgrade the Ralink card to the Intel 7260 AC wifi/bluetooth adapter, and then you wouldn't need either the USB wifi adapter or the USB BT adapter.

This is the model you would want to get.  Plenty of them for sale on eBay.   But again, your PC would have to have two antenna cables connected to the card in there now.

Search by the Hp part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

HP Recommended

I did try to uninstall and restart the pc but unsuccessfully.  On the other hand, the USB bluetooth adapter arrive today and the sound quality is crystal clear even when I move around my room. Thank you  for your help Paul. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the USB BT adapter fixed the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.