Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Bluetooth Doesn't Detect Devices

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-197c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've had Bluetooth problems on my desktop since the beginning of time, but it's really bothersome now since I need to connect my Bluetooth headphones to it but cannot. For some reason the computer just endlessly searches for Bluetooth devices & never actually finds anything. Any of my other devices can detect Bluetooth stuff but my computer just can't seem to. I've tried disabling/enabling the Bluetooth driver and I also updated the driver manually. Still nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Bluetooth.png

6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,410 90,287 11,605 24,898
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KianaLofton

You have to allow other devices are discoverable. Please use their manuals/instructions to find out how to make them are discoverable. In many cases just press a button some where on them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

KianaLofton
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help, unfortunately I have been allowing the devices to be discoverable, but my computer still doesn't detect anything. My other devices detect bluetooth items with ease. 

Now that I think about it, my compuer has always had problems since the start with connectivity. For example my computer has never been able to connect to wifi on its own until I bought an external (usb)  wifi adapter for it. Would buying an external bluetooth adapter for it help perhaps?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KianaLofton

From your post, your machine is running Windows 8.1 but it came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed as shown:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04899587

Did you downgrade your machine without install proper drivers ?

Not much information about relationship with parts

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=N0B14AA

and drivers

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-750-Desktop-PC-series/8499646/model/8901962

Now, please post back two information

(a) What is your machine runing now, Windows 10 or Windows 8.1

(b) What is the hardware id of the wireless devics ? Please use the following link to find hardware id

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
KianaLofton
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(a) My computer is using Windows 8.1, I did downgrade when I first set it up

(b) Hardware id for what specific item? I do have all of my updated drivers for graphics card, bluetooth, etc however

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KianaLofton

Sorry, you did not follow the instructions on the link. Now, please

(a) Right click "Unknown device" or Device with   !  
(b) Click "Properties",
(c) Click "Details" tab,
(d) Select "hardare ids" from Property pull down window,
(e) Right click "Value" area and "Select all",
(f) Hold down Ctrl key then press C,
(g) Paste the information to your post back message.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
KianaLofton
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My device manager doesn't show any unknown devices or devices with errors. Everything looks normal?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation