HELP1703
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Bluetooth and Audio

HP Recommended
HP Envy 20 Touchsmart PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Evny 20 touchsmart  Product Number 20-d113w. Windows 10 has always worked and never been a problem until update 1703. Now Bluetooth, audio and Hp Printer has problems. Bluetooth doesn't work at all. Assuming a driver problem. It want let a device be  added. Its says it's on but not conncected. Cortanta has to be upated all the time, Hp Envy 5660 printer won't stay connected. I can deal with those two problems and able to get them back working through device manager, however Bluetooth is a different problem. Microsoft obviously don't now how to fix it. They done a clean installation and each tech  guaranteed me this would fix it. Then one tech said we needed to go back to windows 1607 another clean installation and went right back to 1703. On the last day with Microsoft  the tech said needed to call HP and go back to factory settings because my computer wasn't set up for wondows 10. I called HP and it can have Windows 10 and I have had 10 since it came out that there wasn't a need to factory reset just wait it out until next update. I really need Bluetooth working any suggestions on how to get a  different driver, adapter or something to get it working. Everything under device manager for bluetooth is  Mediatek Bluetooth Adapter - Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft LE Enumerator and sometimes Ralink shows up. What could be causing the settings to dissappear with audio and printer?

10 REPLIES 10
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HELP1703

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I understand you have issues with Audio, Printer and the Bluetooth, after the update to 1703,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you reinstall the OS using the HP recovery manager (F11)? (If not, Click here for instructions)

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?  (just to be sure, this isn't a hardware issue)

In the meantime, Install the recent update for your Wireless card (Bluetooth inbuilt): Click here to find and install

Step 1. Turn off the Airplane Mode and Enable the Bluetooth Feature

1. 1. Use Win + I to launch Settings.

2. 2. Go to the Network & Internet menu.

3. 3. Select Airplane mode tab on the left side.

4. 4. On the right side, turn off the Airplane mode.

5. 5. Turn on the Bluetooth.

Step 2. Make Sure the Bluetooth Devices Are Enabled

1. 1. Back to the home page of the Settings.

2. 2. Go to the Devices menu.

3. 3. Select Bluetooth & other devices tab.

4. 4. On the right side, make sure the Bluetooth is turned on.

5. 5. Click More Bluetooth options below.

6. 6. Tick the three options and click OK.

7. 7. You can also right-click the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar to try adding or showing the Bluetooth devices.

Step 3. Use Troubleshoot to Fix Bluetooth Not Available

1. 1. Back to the home page of the Settings.

2. 2. Go to the Update & security menu.

3. 3. Select the Troubleshoot tab on the right side.

4. 4. On the left side, highlight the Bluetooth.

5. 5. Click the Run the troubleshooter.

Windows 10 Creators will detect and fix the Bluetooth not working problems automatically.

You can wait and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.

When some Bluetooth-related services are disabled, the computer will come across the “Bluetooth not available” or “Bluetooth not connected” issue after the Creators Update. So go to the Windows Services to have a check.

1. 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open the Run.

2. 2. Type services.msc and press the Enter.

3. 3. Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.

4. 4. Click the Start button if it is stopped

5. 5. Select the Automatic from the Startup type list.

6. 6. Go to the Log On tab.

7. 7. Tick the Local System account.

8. 8. Click OK.

9. 9. Reboot the computer.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Help17031
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and I definitely will try your suggestions. I've already done steps 1,2, and 3, but it didn't change anything.  I'm fixing to try F2. Microsoft just did the clean installations, but they didn't do anything with F11. After working with several techs for over a week the last one said it's my computer and it had to be reset to factory settings and to call HP. When I called HP they confirmed just what I thought. It's 1703 update. The product number is H3L41AA#ABA - serial Number 5CM3010DWQ. Thank you for your reply.

Also, for some reason, it won't let me log in the discussion board without registering again. I had to register again to get to this. 

Have a great day:) AK

0 Kudos
HELP1703
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and I definitely will try your suggestions. I've already done steps 1,2, and 3, but it didn't change anything.  I'm fixing to try F2. Microsoft just did the clean installations, but they didn't do anything with F11. After working with several techs for over a week the last one said it's my computer and it had to be reset to factory settings and to call HP. When I called HP they confirmed just what I thought. It's 1703 update. The product number is H3L41AA#ABA - serial Number 5CM3010DWQ. Thank you for your reply.

Have a great daySmiley Happy AK

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @HELP1703,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

It looks like you were interacting with @HELP1703, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I suggest that you perform a system recovery using HP Recovery Manager by following the link: HP Recovery Manager

If the issue persists, then you may contact HP phone support to order the recovery media at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

HELP1703
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP HELP HELP.... I tried with Recovery Manager some error said there wasn't one, so I have the recovery disk (4CD's) and when it got to disc 4 I got the error 0xeoef000e. Then I tried going through settings and doing another clean installation. BIG problem now. It's stuck on HI there with the set region, language. The mouse touchscreen and keyboard won't work. It let me do the troubleshooting and memory, hard drive and everything passed. So I made a media creation file from another computer, but it still goes to the same screen HI there. Somewhere along the way I also got an error 500.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HELP1703

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm afraid a recovery file obtained from another computer may not work as it's specifically created for a unique serial number, that said, if the copy you created on the computer with the issue and that isn't working either, here's what you need to know:

The error message translates to "Copying file/directory failed." I recommend that you order a replacement recovery disk set from HPAlternatively, you can Contact HP to order the same via phone:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HELP1703
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying so quick. That's what I used was the cd recovery from HP and when I got to the last disc is when it said it couldn't do it. It was stuck on the hi there. I did everything turned it off and unplugged it.This went on all day yesterday, so this morning on my laptop I created  a media creation and I got it back working, but still same problems audio, bluetooth and printer. Does HP use different CD's now? They sent me 4 disc, but it's been a few years ago. Thanks again for your help. AK

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HELP1703

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I recommend you get a new set of discs from HP, as it may have been corrupted,

considering it would delete the partition and recreate it from scratch and if that isn't working, it could be either a faulty disc or a hardware issue with the computer, although, since you've already tested the hardware and the tests have passed, please Contact HP and they'll have a new Recovery media shipped out.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll be glad to help you after you Contact HP.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

trentondouglas2
Level 2
13 8 2 1
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery  Manager is inside the HP Support Assistant.  You can use it to reset drivers to factory original.    Someone told me to use HP Recovery Manager for a similar problem.  It doesn't come up when you search for it.  Search to see if you have HP Support Assistant.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation