Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b217c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I having been trying in vain to figure out why Bluetooth and touch screen capabilities have both disappeared from the computers device manager.  I notice that many others have had the same problem and it continues to be a problem.  When I run Bluetooth troubleshooter, it tells me that my PC is not Bluetooth enabled.  One of the selling points for me in buying this HP AIO was that it had both Bluetooth & touch screen features.  Bluetooth is listed in the product specs for my system - "Integrated Bluetooth 4.s and Wireless LAN 802.11/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 1x 1 technology".  As well touch screen - "60.45 cm (23.8 in) 10-point touch-enabled diagonal widescreen full high-definition IPS-WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display (1920 x 1080)".  So what caused these 2 features to disappear??  Would appreciate help on getting issue resolved.  I have done many internet searches for a fix to both issues, but nothing has worked.  Also, as a home user, I would appreciate clear and low-tech guidance.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@CateH59 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Bluetooth and touchscreen drivers missing from the device manager.

Try downloading Bluetooth driver from Intel website  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27493 

•  After this drivers update reboot the notebook, check is the Bluetooth drivers are listed under device manager. 

• And check if it's able to pair any Bluetooth device  

If the issue is not resolved, try to run BIOS update and check. 

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,  

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me - I am unable to update the BIOS from .33 to .49

HP Recommended

@skuser1

Please let us know which product you are using.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 - 

thanks for your suggestions, but they did not work. This computer has had bluetooth before. I think it was an update that disabled it. I tried to re-enable it by disablng the bluetooth but that made it disappear from device manager. The machine then refused to boot up with error 021a and I had to restore Win10. 

Now I am unable to see bluetooth in device manager. when I run troubleshooter for bluetooth, it says, "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer." 

HP Recommended

@skuser1

I understand your concern.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have tried all the suggestions you list in the past with no success.  I finally resorted to system reset.  Sadly, even that drastic measure did not restore the bluetooth or touch screen capabilities.  In the end, I bought a $20 bluetooth adapter.  I didn't use touch screen much anyway, so that's not a great loss.  However, it is disappointing to me as a consumer paying good money for my HP AIO specifically because of features such as bluetooth and touch screen capability, only to inexplicably lose those features less than 2 years later.  And I discover that other HP customers have the same problem going back a couple years, yet HP support still has no specific answer or a fix for this!   Again, disappointing and not a good way to keep customers.

HP Recommended

@CateH59

I understand your concerns 

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.