2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Bluetooth connection issue

HP Recommended
15-au542tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a new HP 15-au542TU and trying to setup the things now.

This laptop cannot connect to other device using bluetooth. Also I can not find this laptop appearing in my mobile for connectivity.

While there is no issues in connecting my mobie to other devices it seems issues with the laptop.

Please help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,351 119,528 19,525 29,847
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the Broadcom Bluetooth driver?  The generic W10 bluetooth driver that W10 installs won't work.

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe

0 Kudos
Shambhubaba
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have installed the bluetooth broadcom driver but still am not able to connect to it.

Neither my mobile and other devices getting discovered by the laptop not laptop is getting discovered by any other devices.

It is a bit frustrating but I hope you guys will support and help to get this resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,351 119,528 19,525 29,847
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As you have already installed the Broadcom bluetooth driver, and there still is no bluetooth connection, unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas for you to try.  That bluetooth driver should be all you need to get the bluetooth to work.

Since your notebook is new and presumably still under warranty, I recommend you contact HP technical support in the country you live in, and submit a support request under the warranty.

This is a peer to peer forum, not HP technical support.  HP maintains no official presence here other than to monitor compliance with the forum rules of participation.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation