HughMeares
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Bluetooth driver no longer working on HP Elite Slice

HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Intel Bluetooth driver (13 Apr 2017 version) no longer starting.  (Last HP release is 2016 version).  Unidentified USB device showing in device manager. Removing and re-finding hardware does not fix it.  Error shown is as below:

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&234e30dd&0&7 could not be migrated.

The most recent BIOS has been installed.  

Windows version is Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063.

HP - there's a BIOS or driver issue here that needs fixing.

2 REPLIES 2
HughMeares
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Curious - it works for a bit after a hard power off reboot but then drops off again.  

0 Kudos
Keltec
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yup I'm having the same issue.  Shows up that the hardware has become unreliable and then throws the ! in the Device Manager list.  I've had the slice for about a week and it happened.  Have performed BIOS and all driver updates but that didn't fix it.  Had to power down, pull the power hold the power button for 10 secs and then that even didn't work, so went in to the BIOS and turned off the M.2 Bluetooth and back on again and then that worked.

Looks like a dodgy EFI firmware to me.

I'm sure HP won't acknowledge if it's been reproduceable or a known issue because that would be too transparent for them, but I'll report back to this thread if it starts recurring. 

Hugh how long was your recurrence and has the problem been solved for you yet?

Jase.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation