Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Pro 24-x070na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Bluetooth has stopped working on my desktop. I checked on Device Manager and updated Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter, however after a few seconds the yellow triangle with explanation mark is back. I tried to fix the issue via Windows troubleshooter, but without any luck. The problems found: Check Bluetooth radio status - not fixed, Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter has a driver problem - not fixed. Any ideas about what should I do next? Many thanks in advance.

Sergiy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime, Sergiy.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Sergiy:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this works.

Go to the windows control panel>programs>uninstall a program.

If there is any Realtek Bluetooth software listed there, uninstall it.

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the Bluetooth device manager category, right click on the Realtek Bluetooth adapter, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and see if installing this driver resolves the problem.

1.7.1021.3000      Dec 6, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100556.exe

Fix and enhancements:
- Fixes an issue where a Bluetooth mouse paired to the system does not function properly after the Bluetooth speaker/headset is changed to the HFP profile.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to a Bluetooth mouse which causes an error symbol (yellow bang) to be displayed after the system is idle for a period of time.
- Enhances WLAN/Bluetooth coexistenc

If that doesn't fix the problem then it is possible the Bluetooth radio chip on the Realtek wifi adapter board has failed.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Paul.

I've performed the tasks as suggested, but the problem is still there.

I have also checked on Device Manager under properties for Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter and it says 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

Paul, should I now try fixing the Bluetooth radio chip on the Realtek wifi adapter board? How would I do that?

Many thanks again,

Sergiy

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sergiy.

Sorry that didn't work.

If it is a hardware issue, you would have to replace the wifi adapter.

You can't fix just the Bluetooth.

It is probably not an easy task to do in an All in One PC, and I cannot find any service manuals or service videos for how to get inside the PC

You may want to opt for an external USB Bluetooth adapter.

I use this one, for example...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-USB-Bluetooth-4-0-Compatible/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

All has been noted and I will order the external USB Bluetooth adapter. It should arrive by Friday and hopefully, it will resolve the issue.

Thank you ever so much again.

Sergiy

HP Recommended

Anytime, Sergiy.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.