Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M01-F1120
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have a HP M01-F1120 desktop pc. It shipped with a Realtek 8821CE Module which includes Bluetooth. Everything has worked fine for months now without issue.  This includes Bluetooth and WIFI.

Today I tried to swap out the 8821CE module for a Realtek 8852AE module with Bluetooth.  After hooking it all up and  booting the computer everything seemed ok. The WIFI worked fine, no new driver needed. However, Bluetooth did not work.  

When trying to add a Bluetooth device it said that Bluetooth was not supported on this pc. Bluetooth also did not appear anywhere under the device manager tree. (Even under hidden). Windows troubleshooter said I needed to add a Bluetooth compatible adaptor to the PC to use Bluetooth.  I tried installing the  machine specific drivers(from machine pulled from) for the Wifi/Bluetooth chip with no change.  Checked all in the bios and see no options for Bluetooth.  The M.2 Slot is set to enabled & so is the corresponding onboard USB port. 

I additionally tried on a Linux Live USB & No Bluetooth either.  Wifi & Bluetooth on the card work fine on 2 other laptops I tried it in. No driver required. So it seems  like the hardware is possibly not compatible or there is a whitelist for WIFI/Bluetooth cards on the machine.  

Does this sound like some sort of compatibility issue? Maybe a driver?  It just does not make sense how the WIFI part works but not the Bluetooth.  Any help is appreciated! Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Difficult to find HP one but try this specific 8852AE driver

Bluetooth Driver Package for Windows x64 bit Win10/Win11

==============================================================
Bluetooth Driver Version
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DriverVer = 1.9.1038.3000 Win10/Win11

Adapters Supported

Realtek 8852AE

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds554437-realtek-8852ae-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-11-6...

there is probably an HP one but I would need to know the product (laptop) is shipped in and this showed up in google 

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, @redder-0009 

That model card needs two antenna wires connected to it for both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work.

But if the card was compatible, there should have been at least a Bluetooth device manager category.

You just would not have any Bluetooth reception, so I would have to conclude the card is not supported.

If you want to try a different card, try this one:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You will still need to connect a second antenna wire for the Bluetooth to work if it shows up in the device manager with the Intel card.

HP Recommended

Thank You,

I connected both antennas in the case to the card. (2 are present, only one was used) So reception was not the issue. 

I would have to say it looks like it is incompatible as well unfortunately. 

Thank You for the suggestion. That is the same card I just put in the computer I took the 885AE card out of.   I can try the card in the Desktop to see if it works just for the heck of it. 

HP Recommended

Thank You, 

That's the exact driver I used! Isn't an HP branded card so unfortunately can not give you a model or part number. 

I tried both the Windows 10 & 11 version with no luck. (PC's Running 11). I will try it under Windows 10 and see what happens. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I am surprised by the fact that the Realtek Wifi 6 card didn't work in its entirety, and even more surprised that HP included the second antenna wire in your PC's case.

On the HP notebooks with the RTL8821CE wifi card, HP only includes the one antenna wire.

The reason I recommended that specific Intel card is because it is the same card that HP installed in my HP 15-ee0047nr notebook which has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor.

HP Recommended

I am surprised too! Is very odd that it basically half worked. Usually its full or none.   Thinking could be an OS issue/bug so will keep you updated once I try with Windows 10.  Just how didn't work in Linux either was odd. 

I was quite surprised as well.  The card only has one connector but two wires in the case.  One was tucked aside with a plastic cap on it! Usually its two connectors one wire(from past HP experiences).  Can't complain though!

Thank You for the suggestion! That should ensure some better compatibility. I will keep it in mind!

HP Recommended

Update to all: 

I tried an Intel AX2000 WIFI card in the Desktop today and the WIFI & Bluetooth worked fine! 

Also tried an Intel 3160 Card which also worked fine. 

A Realtek RTL8188ee also worked(no Bluetooth as is WIFI only)

All under Windows 11.  The 8852AE card did not work under Windows 10 today either. 

So does not appear there is a specific whitelist for this motherboard. Must be some just weird compatibility issue. 

Is truly a puzzle. Thank You all for the help so far. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.