natrajbooks
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bluetooth not working

HP Recommended
pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am using windows 7 HB, from last few days i am getting problem with my preinstalled Ralink motorola BC4 Bluetooth 3.0+ Hs adapter, no update is available, there is isuues regarding connection set up & can't share files & paired devices, please help me to getrid of this issue

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,693 25,573 1,411 1,483
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@natrajbooks

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand that you are getting Bluetooth connectivity issues on your HP notebook, I will be delighted to assist you here.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Did you do any hardware or software changes recently?

Meanwhile, install an updated Bluetooth driver using Device Manager

1. Click Start , enter Device Manager into the search field, and then select Device Manager from the list.

2. Right-click the name of your Bluetooth Adapter and select Update Driver Software.

Figure : Update Driver Software selection

3.  Device Manager window with a Update driver software selected for an Intel Bluetooth adapter listing.

4. Follow the screens to install an updated driver if one is available.

5. If Device Manager does not find an updated driver, you can check the wireless adapter manufacturer's Web site.

If the issue persists, perform system restore

• If Bluetooth was working in the past, but now cannot connect or performs poorly, use Microsoft System Restore to restore your system files back to a date and time when wireless networking was working well.
  • Refer this HP document to perform a system restore:- https://hp.care/2MuwqQx

For more steps click here:- https://hp.care/2MvlMsP

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation