ReedHuish
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bluetooth worked for 2 years, then disappeared on forced shut-down

HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop - 570-p047c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This HP Pavilion Desktop (# Z5N50AA) has Intel Bluetooth installed. 

I used the built-in bluetooth to connect to a bluetooth mouse. Worked great.  But last week, computer funky, so I did a forced shut-down (hold down power button for a few seconds to force turn off).

Upon restart, the bluetooth disappeared.  In Device Manager under Bluetooth there is only 1 entry "Intel Wireless Bluetooth".  Nothing else. No other Bluetooth entries.

I tried re-installing the HP bluetooth Intel drivers for my HP desktop, and it still doesn't solve the problem.

Which is....in the Task Manager there is no bluetooth icon. My bluetooth mouse cannot connect. In the Settings panel it just tells me that bluetooth is turned off, and I need to reconnect it. But there is no where to turn it on or reconnect it.

Any way to do a reinstallation of the bluetooh setup, or add the other bluetooth drivers that someone got corrupted and disappeared due to a forced shutdown?

One minute my bluetooth mouse was working fine. After the forced shut-down, bluetooth is gone and no bluetooth devices (mouse, keyboard or anything bluetooth) will connect to my HP Pavilion desktop.

Suggestions from the HP bluetooth savvy??

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation