Arshad_SM
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blutooth keeps searching: Doesn't discover, doesn't get discovered

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p117c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My bluetooth keeps searching. It neither discovers a device nor it gets discovered by any other device. I've tried installing driveres from hp support website but in vain. I don't know if it is hardware or software issue. I've windows 10 64-bit. Any help?

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arshad_SM

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p117c PC and the Bluetooth on it is not working. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

NOTE: Please skip any steps that are already attempted.

• Make sure that Wi-Fi communication is turned on (notebook computers only).

If Wi-Fi communication is disabled, or Airplane Mode is enabled, the computer does not send or receive a Bluetooth signal. Follow these steps to turn on Wi-Fi:

• In Windows, search for and open Turn wireless devices on or off.

• Check the status of wireless devices. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned On and Airplane mode is turned Off.

Figure : Windows 10: Toggle switch to turn wireless devices on or off

Windows 10: Switch for toggling Wireless devices on or off

Figure : Windows 8: Toggle switch to turn wireless devices on or off

Windows 8: Switch for toggling Wireless devices on or off

Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable:

• Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and set to be discoverable on the device. When a device is set to be discoverable, it uses radio signals to broadcast its location to other Bluetooth devices and computers.

• A device such as a wireless mouse or a keyboard might have a button on it that you need to push.

• A device such as a Bluetooth mobile phone might have a setting in the menu that you need to select to turn on Bluetooth so the device can be discovered.

NOTE: If you do not know how to set your device to be discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer website.

• A device such as computer might need to have the Discovery setting turned on.

• To turn on Discovery in Windows, search for and open Bluetooth and other devices settings.

• The Bluetooth & other devices window opens.

• Click More Bluetooth options, in the Discovery area on the Options tab, click Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC, and then click OK.

Figure : Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selection in the Bluetooth Settings window

Bluetooth Settings window with Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC selected

Check device settings and location:

• Check the following items to troubleshoot Bluetooth issues.

• Make sure the device is turned on, is not low on battery power, and is not in sleep mode.

• Make sure the device is within wireless range of your computer, usually within six to nine feet. If you are not sure if the device is in range, move it closer to your computer, or put the device and computer in the same room.

• Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the wireless device, such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

In case the problem persists after performing the above steps then I suggest you to reach out to our HP phone support to explore the available service options for your PC.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. 

All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation